Friday, July 18, 2008

Post Performance: Arabised totally!

I am now back in beirut and rola tabbouleh seems a thousand miles away. The arabise me evening at the bluecoat was a success overall. rayess beyk was amazing! the ijad dance group pushed the boundaries of what it means to be arabised. their performance affected both our mental and physical sensations. The loudly dressed saniyah the egyptian superstar was a perfect host and connected everyone together with her humour and conversation. The Arbise me dj's dj basheer omar and singer talal were a success. we danced and dabked the night away. What else? My performance was too short i think! i felt very emotional and connected with the audience. I keep forgeting how hard it realy is to open up yourself so completely to an audience. Tabouli time was yummy and i loved the interaction with the audience. But listen guys i realy need to put on many more hours of hard labour before my next show.
i would love your feedback!
until next time
this is the tabouli performer signing out.

P.S.thank you ziyarat women: lady leila and lady mahita for providing a space for us to inhabit.

No comments: